Operational expenses are not exciting.
Ticket sales and tuition fees cover only about a third of Opera NUOVA’s operating budget, while donor support from corporations, government and individuals provides the remainder. Our generous donors help us meet the challenges of the future with confidence, and contributions of any size allow us to grow and thrive.
As a donor, you provide the resources that enable our emerging artists to excel, not only on the mainstage, but also in our community and in our school tours program.
(See below for descriptions.)
|Charitable Donation Receipt||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Recognition in the Program||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Free Ticket Exchanges||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Annual Alumni Newsletter||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Vote at the Annual General Meeting||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|A Day in the Program Tour||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Attend a Sitzprobe Rehearsal||✓||✓||✓|
|Framed Commemorative Show Poster||✓|
|Student Breakfast Event||✓|
|Private Meal with a Mentoring Artist||✓|
Some of our Donor Benefits:
Free Ticket Exchange
Enjoy the flexibility and convenience of complimentary ticket exchanges throughout the entire 2018 Vocal Arts Festival with a donation of $101 or more.
Private Meal with a Mentoring Artist
Those choosing to sponsor a mentoring artist at $5,000 (directors or coaches) or $6,000 (conductors) will have the opportunity to join them and Opera NUOVA’s artistic director to meet and chat candidly over a casual meal. This rare occasion will provide insight into what it means to be a part of the NUOVA faculty and a working professional in opera in Canada.
Sitzprobe Rehearsal Attendance
The Sitzprobe (pronounced ZITS-probe) is the first rehearsal with full orchestra and principals singers in the same room. Watch how the conductor begins to bring these two groups together in musical cohesion.
Student Breakfast Event
Sponsor a music student to attend the Summer Opera Intensive Program ($1850) and enjoy a casual group breakfast to meet and get to know them.
If the Donor Benefits cannot help you decide how much to give Opera NUOVA, let the information below help. You may be surprised to learn where your money goes, how we spend it, and how a little goes a long way.
- Inspired Donors ($1-99) can buy rehearsal supplies, toner & stamps.
- Well-Wishers ($100-499) can fly a faculty member to Edmonton, tune a piano, or build a costume.
- Believers ($500-999) can purchase overseas music rights, rent props for a show, or provide an opera performance for a school.
- Advocates ($1000-2499) can pay a vocal coach, hire an orchestra member, or rent us a classroom or rehearsal space.
- Dream Catchers ($2500-2499) can video record our productions for the archives, book a performance venue, or print our festival program.
- Dream Makers ($5000 & up) can engage a conductor, upgrade our ticketing system, and make dreams come true!
- Student Patrons & Mentor Patrons – You may choose to specifically support the attendance of a student or faculty member at NUOVA. Cover the cost of tuition for a student ($1,850), or sponsor one of our internationally acclaimed directors for $5,000 or conductors for $6,000.
Ways to Donate
Online donations can be made through our secured pay page by clicking here
BY PHONE (Visa or Mastercard)
Donations can be made by phone by calling the Opera NUOVA office at
BY MAIL (Cheque or Money Order)
Donations by cheque or money order can be sent to the Opera NUOVA office at:
15123-43 Avenue NW